First Time Dissecting a Cadaver

Today, I saw my first cadaver that I will cut.  It was a 91-year-old woman.  First I passed by another group’s cadaver and I had a little chill run up my spine as soon as I saw their corpse’s head, but it disappeared within seconds.  However when I went to the body that my group and I were to cut, I was ready to dissect.  Our group was divided in half; one half was to dissect and the other were to read the instruction.  We got through the skin, and went into the subcutaneous layer.  Our corpse was old and she hardly had any fat.  I didn’t feel like as if I was dissecting a human instead, I felt like dissecting a frog or an animal from high school, in Biology lab.  I took my turn as I cut certain amount of skin and scraped off fat from the body. 
We all wore either white lab coats or scrubs.  Apparently the head office in Chicago forgot to tell us to bring our own latex gloves.  I had a box of them in America, and now I regret not bringing them along.  Now I have to buy them from here and I know I’ll be paying more than if I had bought them from America.


Follow me on twitter and get updates automatically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment