Flu or Not in Bonaire

Apparently a significant number of students at my school have caught themselves in an illness. Most of my classmates attend parties in the weekend and last weekend there was a Caribbean holiday party at a club. Those who went to that club are now at home sick. Their symptoms include coughing, sneezing, mild fluctuating fever, and loss of appetite. The school officials say it’s the flu and advised students to stay at home. The pharmacy said it has to deal with the water, which I doubt otherwise the epidemic would spread to the majority of the people on the island. Some students are worse than others in terms of the degree of symptoms. The school said that al students who are ill are excused for 7 days. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I hope insh’Allah they all get better, for everyone’s sake.


Follow me on twitter and get updates automatically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment