One Year Since I Left Bonaire

A year from today I was on the plane back to the United States of America. I was one of the happiest and relived persons among my classmates. I only had 4 hours of sleep that day because of all the time I spent having fun the night before and packing to leave.  The day before we had the white coat ceremony and saying goodbye to everyone who I saw for 16 months took time.  Since I have been back, I developed regrets from my experience in Bonaire. I know it’s been a year but I still think about the little good times I had and if I knew then what I know now I would make the best of my stay in Bonaire.
Regret #1
I didn’t get out as much. I was too worried about getting A’s in Bonaire, but at the end of the day grades in Bonaire didn’t matter, it was as if you passed or not.

Regret #2
I didn’t make enough friends. Living in Bonaire is a one in a lifetime experience and you learn a lot when you intermix with other people of different backgrounds.

Regret #3
I didn’t enjoy the island. The island is one of a kind, and there are somethings on the island that you will not find anywhere else in the world. If you missed out all the fun you had on the island then you should also regret it.

I advise my readers to learn from my regrets and enjoy your time in Bonaire so you don’t have the same regrets as me.  I know studying medicine is a serious matter, but life is short and enjoy as much as you can. You have to sacrifice at least 7 years to become a practicing physician in the US, and so take every opportunity you can get to have fun.


Follow me on twitter and get updates automatically.

3 comments:

IzzyD said...

but if you think about it now, if you sacrifice the 7 years for good grades plus high step 1,2,3 scores, and get into a residency. you will be able to go back to Bonaire whenever you have vacation time. Only that time around, you won't have to worry about anything.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAPLANSTEP 2 said...

Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.

Kaplan Step 2

Post a Comment