ACGME Didn't Know what I was Talking About

Yes I know, I haven’t blogged in a while. There is so much to do and I didn’t have time to blog. I’ve talked to some people regarding the rides for this weekend for the new students. I know many of the new students are coming in this weekend from US/Canada. If you are a new student and if you haven’t done so, contact someone to give you a ride from the airport to wherever you’re staying.

This will be my first short break. The vacation is about 1.5 weeks, so that’s enough time to study a subject for the USMLE, if I don’t get distracted with the beach.

Today, I have spoken to a representative from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) regarding green book hospital rotations. To my surprise the lady didn’t know what I was talking about. She just looked up residency programs for internal medicine but she had no idea about green book approved hospitals for rotations. I looked online and I can’t find any list regarding green book approved hospitals. If any of you readers have any idea regarding this matter please let me know because I have no clue.

Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
Main Office:
Suite 2000
515 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Telephone: 312-755-5000


Follow me on twitter and get updates automatically.

2 comments:

Grumpy Cake King said...

can't you just look at the programs and then cross check if they have a residency programs? If they have an accredited residency program in your desired rotation then it is a green book rotation. Some may fall under the umbrella rule, or you could get blue book rotations via DO residency positions...just my 2 cents

Dr. J said...

No, they only gave me residency programs. But somewhere I read that you should do your core rotations at green book hospitals...internal medicine is a core rotation.

Post a Comment