PDI Videos for Block 2

PDI is a challenging class in MD4; it requires you to take whatever you learned in the previous semesters and use it altogether; PDI stands for Physical Diagnosis Introduction & Clinical Medicine so you can see why it's hard, now we're entering the clinical arena.  There are no notes to copy from. Dr. P speaks, and it's your job to take notes or record his lectures on an audio device.  I have found it kind of challenging to get the attention I need with our big class of 60 people. The class is divided in to 2 groups; each group takes turn surrounding the gurney while the instructor teaches the concepts of examination.  Thank GOD for the internet; I've found videos online to help me in PDI.  I have gathered them to a playlist and it's displayed below; the concepts the videos show are taught in class and if you watch them over and over again then you'll get very familiar with the examinations. If we have to learn any new concept in class for block 2, then I will update the playlist below with new videos.

The videos include shifting dullness, fluid wave, Murphy's sign, Rovsing's sign, and rebound tenderness.


This text will be replaced| http://content.longtailvideo.com/skins/glow/glow.zip


Follow me on twitter and get updates automatically.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for that info.
I am going to attend sjsm in sept. 2011. but i am going to the island of angilla. should i switch to bonnaire? is there a difference? please help me out, i would very much appreciate it.

Dr. J said...

yes there is a difference. The Anguilla campus is far more modern and better than the Bonaire campuses. As for switching, I can't say anything regarding that, it's totally up to you. I honestly don't like to live in Bonaire.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. I thought the same thing and after much research I am certainly going to Anguilla. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to answer back, and good luck with your studies and everything else in your life.

Dr. J said...

You're welcome, good luck to you too.

Post a Comment